- Adelaide, SA
This award-winning, multi-purpose hall, with its flexible design and lift to the first floor, provides for a range of activities, performances and functions for the school and wider community.
What we delivered
- The building includes two full-size, timber-floored sports courts for basketball, netball and volleyball, two large upstairs areas for exercise and dance/movement, change rooms, toilets, staff accommodation, storage and a viewing gallery.
- Precast concrete walls, structural steel face spanning box truss roof framing construction methods to lessen the impact on an occupied site.
- Suspended concrete floor slab to first floor and mezzanine.
- Sprung timber sports floor to the double basketball arena.
- The project was erected to a completed standard prior to the installation of the timber floor to prevent damage to the finished playing surface and ensure the highest quality facility.
- Project won the 2011 MBA Building Excellence Award for Commercial / Industrial Building $5m – $10m.